We exist online and as a physical entity!
Find us: from Kelvinbridge Underground, head up Great Western Road, crossing the bridge, then turn left down Otago Street. The shop is located down a cobbled lane called Otago Lane, the last left before Gibson Street.
Tchai-Ovna House of Tea, 42 Otago Lane, Glasgow G12 8PB, (0141) 357 4524
Unfortunately due to lock down you cannot sit in or linger at Tchai-Ovna. We are still open through the week, though, but only through our wee veranda takeaway hatch and at specific times. Here they are:
Monday 11-3 (retail and tea only)
Wednesday 11-3 (retail and tea only)
Friday 11-3 (retail and tea only)
Saturday 1-5 (retail and tea&food)
Sunday 1-5 (retail and tea&food)
Thanks for your support!
- Our opening times will be reviewed and will change according to ongoing developments. We will let you know.
Sample Tchai-Ovna Takeaway Menu
By law we have had to introduce strict measures for your safety and for our staff.
- Entry into the premises is only allowed if you are wearing a good quality mask covering mouth and nose, worn at all times except whilst seated. If you turn up without, you can buy one from us for £2, we can bring it to the door.
- We accept mask exemptions for health reasons with a valid exemption card.
- We operate a track and trace system, which we hand write into a dedicated book. The details are not put online or shared with any third party and are disposed of after 21 days. Our policy is that one of each party must give their full name, telephone number and email address/home or work address.
- There is an intercom system for entry which allows us to manage your table properly and due to the layout of the shop aids social distancing.
- As a result of Covid-19 restrictions we are operating at 2/3 capacity, it is no longer possible to share tables with different groups of people so booking in groups is encouraged.
- Only two households are allowed to share a table at one time.